disk Merged Intel RST/VMD v20.1.0.1013 drivers will BSOD ("inaccessible boot device")

Those new 20.1.0.1013 drivers were posted earlier on Mokichu's elevenforum/asus driver threads last week and he then unceremoniously pulled them because of this bug. I tried them back then (drivers only) and got the BSOD on a Z790 system (Win11) with a inaccessible boot device error - however I was able to fix using Windows 11 startup repair which simply reverted to the older RST driver 20.0.0.1038 . I then tried the 20.1.0.1013 ones posted here on SD that include the full suite, but still it would BSOD with a inaccessible boot device error, and to make matters worse, somehow the full suite install made it impossible for Windows 11 to perform a startup repair and revert to the older driver. 

DEFINITELY proceed with caution and I would say that if Mokichu pulled the driver, SD should probably do the same!
Last Edit:2 days 41 minutes ago by HayesE
Last edit: 2 days 41 minutes ago by HayesE. Reason: Icon :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: geneticsystem2013

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi, I think you should have uninstalled the old drivers in safe mode and then install the new drivers on a normal desktop. 
This would have prevented Windows from not recognizing your disks. 
Hope this will help you in future updates. 
Blessings

Last Edit:1 day 23 hours ago by geneticsystem2013
Last edit: 1 day 23 hours ago by geneticsystem2013.

No, no I do not. This is not 1999 and the OS Windows 98 - nobody in 2024 needs to uninstall an Intel driver in Windows 10/11 in order to upgrade to a newer version, let alone in safe mode. I have never done that the previous million times I have updated RST drivers - and for good reason. You absolutely want a previous RST driver to exist in the driverstore should you need to revert. These drivers, 20.1.0.1013, are simply buggy, it happens.
Last Edit:1 day 22 hours ago by HayesE
Last edit: 1 day 22 hours ago by HayesE.

I forgot to say these drivers are broken on Z690 atleast dont enumarate
by Shonk
The following user(s) said Thank You: HayesE

Mokichu who continually re-pumps my site, I'm not going to follow him, who removes them if he wants, I prefer to keep them in case if it works for certain.
A new Version will replace it soon I think

Configuration
Asus Z790 Pro Art, Intel Cpu I7 14700K, Memoires 32Go Corsair DDR5 (6000Mhz CL30), Water-cooling Thermaright, nVidia Geforce RTX3060,  Alimentation Asus ROG 850W, Samsung SSD 990 Pro, SSD980 Pro, Clavier Roccat Vulkan , Souris Asus, Boitier NZXT H6, HP Creative SB Kratos Free Fibre 10Gb Cable CAT8/7, Switch 10/5/2.5Gbps, Casque Philips Fedelis.

by admin

Time to create page: 1.377 seconds